What you need to study at IIS-RU.
The requirements to apply successfully are
different for each degree level. They are the same, however, for
all IIS-RU Regional Centers - whether you apply to study in Bangkok,
Chiang Mai, Songkla.
Non-Degree Programs and Exchange Student Programs (Semester Abroad at IIS-RU)
Entrance requirement is the equivalent of the U.S. Junior High School Diploma (grade 9) or, at secondary Thai schools, Mathayom 3. Foreign students please submit their documents together with a certificate in English stating that their transcripts equal the U.S. Junior High School diploma. Certifying authority can be any state or state-accredited educational institution in your home country (schools, universities, ministries of education or foreign affairs). If you are already in Thailand, you can get this certificate from the education section of your embassy or the Royal Thai Ministries of Education or of Foreign Affairs. The certificate must be in English and carry a seal and signature.
Bachelor Degree Programs
- Having successfully completed Mathayom 6 (equivalent to the U.S. high school diploma grade 12 or British high school level) that enables you to study at an accredited university in your country.
Foreign students need to certify the equivalence of their school leaving diploma with the U.S. high school diploma (grade 12) or with Mathayom 6 in Thailand. You may request this confirmation at the education section of your embassy or the ministries of education or foreign affairs.
- Successfully pass the IIS-RU English Test
(For undergraduate students, there is no further entrance examination.)
If one of the following conditions applies to you, you are exempt from taking the IIS-RU English Test:
You are a citizen or long-term resident
of a native English speaking country (e.g., Australia,
Canada, New Zealand, United States, etc).
You passed the TOEFL with 500 score or
more (PBT), 173 score or more (CBT),70 or more (IBT) or the IELTS with 5.5 score or more
within the last two years.
- Submit a complete application according to the Application Process.
Required Documents for Application
-2 photocopies of high school transcript
-2 photocopies of high school diploma
-4 color photos (2 inch)
-2 photocopies of ID card/ Visa
-2 photocopies of residence registration/ passport
-Edcuational equivalent certificate (for the students who graduated from a high school abroad or unaccredited international high school in Thailand)
** In order to obtain " the educational equivalent certificate ", your ORIGINAL high school transcript and ORIGINAL high school diploma are also required to be presented at the Ministry of Education in Thailand.
Master Degree Programs (graduate)
- Having earned a Bachelor Degree or higher in any field from an accredited university.In case your documents are not in English, Foreign applicants need to submit a certified English translation carrying seal and signature.
- Successfully pass the IIS-RU English Test. (For exemptions from taking the IIS-RU English Test, please see the exemptions for Bachelor Degree Programs above.)
- Successfully pass the interview at your study center.
LL.D. Program (graduate)
- Applicants must hold a Master degree and bachelor degree in the field of Law (LL.B.,LL.M.)
- Applicants must pass the admission examination and pass the interviewing panel before being admitted to the Ph.D. program, which needs to appear in person. This selection will be in accordance with the rules of graduate studies (1995); Ramkhamhaeng University, No. 8.4 of section 1 and No. 9.4. of section 2 (can be requested in copy from IIS-RU).
Ph.D. Programs (graduate)
- Having earned a Master Degree or higher in any field from an accredited university. Foreign applicants need to submit a certified translation in English carrying seal and signature.
- Applicants must pass theadmission examination and pass the interviewing panel before being admitted to the Ph.D. program, which needs to appear in person. This selection will be in accordance with the rules of graduate studies (1995); Ramkhamhaeng University, No. 8.4 of section 1 and No. 9.4. of section 2 (can be requested in copy from IIS-RU).