Ramkhamhaeng University International Program:
The Application Process
(applies for your first application to the program only!)
You apply from outside Thailand?
You may apply by mail with all required papers and pictures (as described for applicants from within Thailand below), or you may choose the simplified application process by e-mail.
This simplified application process applies for applicants of any nationality applying from outside Thailand only.
Please download the Application Form for the program of your choice, complete it, and send it together with a recent photo per e-mail to IIS-RU.
If accepted, you will receive a Letter of Admission. With this letter, you get a student visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country.
At the day of registration, you have to submit the papers and pictures as described in the process for applicants within Thailand below. Then, you also can pay the application fee (see below).
Your High-School Diploma is not from a Thai School?
In this case, you need to get a confirmation in your country that your high-school diploma is equivalent to the U.S. grade 12 high-school diploma, or the
British university entrance diploma, or Mathayom 6 of Thailand. (In case you want to study non-degree, please certify that your high-school diploma is equivalent to the U.S. grade 9 Junior High-School Diploma).
Certifying authority can be any accredited educational organization, such as state or state accredited schools, universities, or the ministry of education in your country.
A signature and
an official seal is needed for credibility. Please be prepared to submit the original document with your application papers.
If necessary, you can get this certification also in Bangkok, either at the education section of your embassy or in the Ministry of Education. Besides the effort that needs, especially requesting the certification at the Ministry of Education is a time consuming process. Since they will send a letter to your school and then wait for the answer, you should consider about two months until you have the paper in hands. You certainly can already start your studies, but the uncertainty remains over this period of time.
You apply from Thailand?
- This process applies to applicants of any nationality who apply for a program from within Thailand. Please note that your application in this case is considered complete only after payment of the application fee (see below).
- Please download the Application Form for the program of your choice.
- The following documents are to be submitted for the completion of your admission:
- Submit 2 photo copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions attended by the applicant.
Don't forget: In case of high-school diplomas from countries other than Thailand, you need to submit an official confirmation that your high-school diploma equals international standards and permits you to study at a university (Please contact IIS Office ).
- Submit 2 photo copies of high school diploma from the education institutions attended by the applicant.
- Submit 4 color photos wearing shirt or suit (2-inch in size for Undergraduate Student, 1-inch in size for Graduate student and must be taken within 6 months prior to the application).
- Submit documents indicating medical fitness (Medical Certificate).
- Submit 2 photocopies of the ID card (for Thai citizens and permanent residents only).
- Submit 2 photo copies of residence registration (for Thai citizens and permanent residents only).
- Submit 2 photocopies of Passport and VISA (For foreign student)
You may apply in person or send your application documents by mail (in case you apply in person, please find here the IIS-RU location map).
The application forms for all study centers are processed at IIS-RU in Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok. Applying in person, therefore, means that you come to the office of IIS-RU in Bangkok. Whether you apply in person or send your application document by mail, in both cases, the address is as follows:
Director, Institute of International Studies
RU Printing Press Building 7th floor
Ramkhamhaeng Road, Huamark
- Please note that both the written Entrance Examination and the Interview (for graduate students only) take place in that study center you apply for, either in Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, Khorat, or Bangkok respectively. The Application Schedule shows you the current dates for the next semester.
It is only the application document, which is processed in Bangkok for all study centers as well.
for Bachelor Programs 800 THB,
for Master Programs 1,000 THB,
and for Ph.D. Programs 9,000 THB.
- You may pay the application fee by bank transfer to
Thai Military Bank Huamark Branch,
under the name of Institute of International Studies, Ramkhamhaeng University.
SWIFT CODE : TMBKTHBK (In case of International Fund Transfer)
Please note: For Application Fee only, not for Registration Fee!
- Please be aware that an application request is considered incomplete until IIS-RU received the application fee.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 0-2310-8895 to 9
(from outside Thailand, please call +66 2310 8897), or simply send us an e-mail.