Exemptions from taking the Institute of International Studies - Ramkhamhaeng University English Test (IIS – RU English Entrance Examination)
You are exempted from the IIS-RU English Test if one of the following conditions applies to you.
- You are a citizen or long – term resident of a native English speaking country (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, United Kingdom, United States of America, and etc.)
- You graduated from an accredited international school, college, or university in the native English speaking countries with GPA above 2.50 and /or more than 60% of passing scores.
- You graduated from an accredited school, college, or university in non – native English speaking countries within the programs which was conducted in English language (often called International Program or English Program), with a very good command of English at the time of application. Also, the transcript record will be considered as qualification of GPA should be above 2.50 and /or more than 60% of passing scores.
- You have obtained one of the following scores of the international standardized tests as TOEFL or IELTS, from a recognized testing institution, within the last two years. Please note that the TOEIC score is not accepted as a proof of English language proficiency.
IELTS / TOEFL score requirement for undergraduate applicants:
- IELTS: no less than 5.5
- TOEFL (Internet – based test): no less than 65
- TOEFL (Computer – based test): no less than 183
- TOEFL (Paper – based test): no less than 513
IELTS / TOEFL score requirement for graduate/ postgraduate applicants:
- IELTS: no less than 6.0
- TOEFL (Internet – based test): no less than 78
- TOEFL (Computer – based test): no less than 210
- TOEFL (Paper – based test): no less than 547
*** If none of these conditions applies to you, you have to take the IIS – RU English Test to complete your application. Since all programs at the IIS – RU use English as a medium of instruction, students need to have a good command of the English language in order to accomplish the studies.