The Institute of International Studies, Ramkhamhaeng University (IIS-RU) Scholarships are available for excellent students.
- Applicant must be student of the Institute of International Studies, Ramkhamhaeng University from second year.
- Applicant must have good behavior and never had been punished by university.
- Applicant must have studied and completed more than 2 regular academic semesters.
- Applicant must have GPA of 3.80 or above 3.80, has not repeated any courses and never get F or I result.
- Applicant must have registered in all the courses that the institute has offered.
- Master’s degree student can apply for the scholarship not more than 1 time and for Bachelor’s degree student not more than 3 times during the program.
- Applicant must not have late registration record.
- Applicant must have good behavior.
Applicant must show the documents as follows:
- Application form of IIS scholarship and the required documents stated in the application form.
Should you have any enquiries regarding to application deadline and requirements please directly contact the program coordinators both in the office of undergraduate and graduate programs at IIS-RU.
Regulations and Rules for Transfer Credits with IIS - RU
Transferred applicants should note that:
1.Those applicants who would like to make the obtained credits to be transferred must formerly studied within the programs which was entirely conducted in English language (known as International program or English program) from the educational institution approved by the Office of the Civil Service Commission; or accredited by the Ministry of Education; or approved by the Director of IIS – RU. Please note that those applicants who formerly studied in Thai program or the course was entirely conducted in Thai language cannot be allowed and accepted to transfer the credits at any reason.
2. The credits earned must be essentially equivalent in quality and quantity to the courses to be substituted for the program of The Institute of International Studies. Students must provide the Institute with a catalogue, bulletin, or course outlines and descriptions along with the transcript record from the institution that they previously attended; all concerned documents will be taken into consideration in the procedure of transfer of credits. Generally, such courses must be in the same area as the courses of IIS - RU that are offered.
3. Only courses with a grade ‘C’ or higher can be transferred. Transfer credits are not calculated into the student’s GPA.
4. A transferred student must meet IIS-RU’s regulations and rules of the credit transfer, having the right to request for the credit transfer a maximum of 100 credits in his/her major field of study.
5.A transferred student shall pay THB 1,500. – per credits for all passing of transferred credits.
6. The Institute of International Studies does not accept students from other institution on academic probation or suspension. Any approval and decision – making is dependent on the Academic Board as the Director, Deputy Director, and The members of Executive Committee of IIS-RU.Credit Transfer
Exemptions from taking the Institute of International Studies - Ramkhamhaeng University English Test (IIS – RU English Entrance Examination)
You are exempted from the IIS-RU English Test if one of the following conditions applies to you.
- You are a citizen or long – term resident of a native English speaking country (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, United Kingdom, United States of America, and etc.)
- You graduated from an accredited international school, college, or university in the native English speaking countries with GPA above 2.50 and /or more than 60% of passing scores.
- You graduated from an accredited school, college, or university in non – native English speaking countries within the programs which was conducted in English language (often called International Program or English Program), with a very good command of English at the time of application. Also, the transcript record will be considered as qualification of GPA should be above 2.50 and /or more than 60% of passing scores.
- You have obtained one of the following scores of the international standardized tests as TOEFL or IELTS, from a recognized testing institution, within the last two years. Please note that the TOEIC score is not accepted as a proof of English language proficiency.
IELTS / TOEFL score requirement for undergraduate applicants:
- IELTS: no less than 5.5
- TOEFL (Internet – based test): no less than 65
- TOEFL (Computer – based test): no less than 183
- TOEFL (Paper – based test): no less than 513
IELTS / TOEFL score requirement for graduate/ postgraduate applicants:
- IELTS: no less than 6.0
- TOEFL (Internet – based test): no less than 78
- TOEFL (Computer – based test): no less than 210
- TOEFL (Paper – based test): no less than 547
*** If none of these conditions applies to you, you have to take the IIS – RU English Test to complete your application. Since all programs at the IIS – RU use English as a medium of instruction, students need to have a good command of the English language in order to accomplish the studies.